List:       flightgear-flightmodel
Subject:    [Flightgear-flightmodel] C-172R
From:       "Jon Berndt" <jsb () hal-pc ! org>
Date:       2004-10-25 3:04:25

Well, like I mentioned in the JSBSim mailing list on Friday night, I managed to get pretty
good climb performance in the C-172R when running outside of FlightGear (JSBSim only in
test mode). The aircraft was at full gross weight and starting at sea level. In my JSBSim
standalone test I was able to climb to 8,000' easily in about 21 minutes (a little longer
than it should take, but not by much). When I run the same aircraft under flightgear I can
barely make 3,000 feet at all. Climb is very sluggish. I have done a check and the same
aircraft model files are being read in for both cases.

Can someone else out there try the C172R model that is now in JSBSim CVS, along with the
engine (engIO360C.xml) and the propeller (prop_Clark_y_7570.xml) that is referenced from
the main file - all in JSBSim CVS. See if you can climb to 8,000 feet, and then tell me
how long it took.

Jon