List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Video encoding GUI suggestions
From:       Benedikt Hallinger <beni () hallinger ! org>
Date:       2023-11-28 11:51:32

Well, I still think the best and simplest solution is:

1) merge the patch, so the additional menu entries go into the video
recording dialog.
Reasoning:
  - To stop the video, its just one click more
  - Its more consistend with all the other options
  - Before starting the video, one gets again a refresher on the
currently set encoding options and can verify, which prevents surprises
  - Currently, with opening the menu its already "ugly", so there is
definitely more gain in decluttering than pain in the additional click

2) Add a new keybind to stop the video.
Reasoning:
  - This clearly gives the advantage to get a nice video as end result,
because neither the "start" button press nor the stop is recorded.
    Which was one of the main concerns against moving the menu entries
down to the dialog.
    (which also is *not* adressed properly, if we leave everthing as it
is now)

Kind regards,
Beni