List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] ISA conditions
From:       James Turner <james () flightgear ! org>
Date:       2023-07-28 8:10:57

> On 27 Jul 2023, at 13:06, PlayeRom Roman Ludwicki <roman.ludwicki@playerom.com> \
> wrote:
> My proposal of fix: \
> https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/flightgear/merge-requests/321/ I just use \
> `dummy.set_is_isa( fgGetBool("/environment/climate/is-isa", false) );` in \
> `MetarProperties::setMetar`. It's called only when METAR is changed, so hopefully \
> it won't be a big deal, especially since the some of fgGet... methods anyway are \
> used there.

Why does the dummy need is-isa set at all? Starts to feel the name ‘dummy' is not \
correct, if the values actually matter ….

I'm guessing what could work, is it to initialise the dummy is-isa from the ‘main' \
current environment : the one returned from FGEnvironentMgr::getEnvironment. That \
would avoid depending on the property path inside the MetarProperties code.

Kind regards,
James