List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Updated random building textures by @Volador
From:       Rick Gruber-Riemer via Flightgear-devel <flightgear-devel () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2023-07-20 5:57:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

To me your testing will be what is needed. I do not think there is
anything in osm2city of concern here. However, I would be very glad to
see som description of these effects:

  * What are the conventions used in textures / file names / ...?

  * In which files in FGData is the code situated to make the effects?

  * Which textures in FGData are using these conventions?

  * What effects are achieved?

E.g. in a FGData/docs/*.README or a wiki article. I still have plans to
enhance the textures of osm2city mesh-buildings "somewhen".Have a
continued nice summer!Rick

On Thu, 13 Jul 2023 09:24:00 +0000, Chris Boylan wrote:

> @Eagle, I'll suggest we test more first as there might be a fee
niggles.

> On the subject of the random buildings would it be too expensive to
implement the sun reflecting off rooftops and skylights? Similar to water
but perhaps a lower factor.

> Chris (Volador)

Volador reworked the textures for the random buildings, which we would
like to get into FGData for everyone to enjoy ! :) But before pushing I
wanted to ask especially @Rick if that's okay ? I can push to my fork
first if you want to take look first.