List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Virtual Reality support using osgXR / OpenXR
From:       James Hogan <james () albanarts ! com>
Date:       2021-12-24 0:37:54

Hi Wayne,

On 23 December 2021 21:52:55 GMT, Wayne Bragg <killaccount@cox.net> wrote:
> @James Hogan,
>
> In the next couple weeks I'd like to try again to get this working on my Linux system using \
> my HTC. My first attempt early on failed in the compiling and linking of osgXR / OpenXR to \
> FlightGear. Is the installation documentation on your site still current and relevant?
> Can you point me to the most current, available documentation for this?

Great. Yeh the docs at https://github.com/amalon/osgXR and \
https://wiki.flightgear.org/Virtual_Reality should be up to date. I'd recommend using my osgxr \
branches (flightgear, simgear, flightgear-data) to get some (invisible) controller support. I'm \
happy to bring these up to date for you (merging latest next is likely conflict free). If \
you're wanting to use monado use the master branch of osgXR.

Let me know how it goes or if you hit problems! I'm also on matrix (bridged to irc) if thats \
preferable.

Cheers
James