List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Shader normalmap and reflection on planes disappeared in fut
From:       wkitty42 () gmail ! com
Date:       2021-08-18 16:15:33

On 8/18/21 11:35 AM, Alan Teeder wrote:

> On 18/08/2021 16:11, Jonathan R wrote:
>> I see no problems at all with either reflections or normal maps and never
>> have. Might I suggest that OP's time may have been better spent explaining
>> what the problem was and then when it was (apparently?) fixed, explaining how
>> it was fixed rather than lengthy discussions as seemed to transpire. Without
>> any further information it's difficult to see what if anything could be done
>> about it ...
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
> Agreed. Unfortunately I still have no idea what his problem is, or was.

his very first post in the topic said this...

[quote]No more normalmap, no more reflection ... I'm testing other models, the
reference c172r ... the same. Nothing.[/quote]

later he posted his fix...

[quote]I spent hours trying to figure out why my problem was there and I ended
up finding old shader and effects files to replace the existing ones.[/quote]

but he may have to undo that now that the proper fix has been committed... that
remains to be seen and hopefully his update process updates all the parts, SG,
FG, and fgdata included...