List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] (no subject)
From:       merspieler <merspieler () airmail ! cc>
Date:       2019-02-28 20:21:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

generally i'd prefer bad visuals + good performance over good visuals +
bad performance as default. AFAIK FSX and XP run some checks about the
used hardware to determinate the default options to use.

Another idea would be at first start of the launcher... ask which
default option set should be used:

Which default options do you want to use?
* Basic Visuals - Provides better performance on slow hardware.
* Advanced Visuals - Looks better, might cause problems on slow hardware.
* Keep current settings. (In case the dialog was called by "mistake" eg.
after update of fg)

IMO this would give the best control to the new user.

mike.d.ft402@gmail.com: