List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Build problem on devuan, with fix.
From:       wkitty42 () gmail ! com
Date:       2019-02-23 1:35:16

On 2/22/19 2:50 PM, Fernando García Liñán wrote:
> It's just a function template, they have been in C++ since forever so
> you shouldn't need C++14.

everything i'm finding says they're something like what we call "generics" in
pascal... i don't know C/C++ so can only go by what i read and what others tell
me...

> No idea why gcc segfaults though.

yeah, me either! :lol:

> Perhaps someone else will report the same issue and we can be sure it's not
> something related to your system.
maybe but i rather doubt it unless someone is using old gcc 4.8.4...

but(!) after quite some hours, i have installed kubuntu 18.04.2 on a new drive
in another machine... it is busily transferring (via wired network connection)
my FG setup over to it as we speak... with all of fgaddon and all of terrasync
as well as all the sources for the 4 or 5 repos, that's gonna take "a while" to
finish... then i get to play with the compile script and find out if i still
need the cmake repo and my 3rd party Qt 5.9 stuff... that might take a day or
two but it will be different enough since that machine is connected to a LED
flat screen TV... not sure what the max resolution is on that thing but we're on
the road to seeing what we can do with FG on that machine and hopefully
everything will work out great :) i don't even know what gcc is installed over
there, yet :LOL: