List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    [Flightgear-devel] Object detection problem
From:       Heiko Schulz via Flightgear-devel <flightgear-devel () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2017-09-30 22:01:43

Hello,

I experienced a problem with the Human Walker used in the c172p, which
indicate maybe a deeper problem.

In previous versions of FlightGear 2017.4.0 (2017.3.0 and earlier) the
walker was able to every object placed in the scenery except the own
aircraft.
So it could climb and walk the carrier model and objects placed via the
model-manager (geo.put.nas).

Now with 2017.4.0 the walker doesn't recognize the carrier anymore and
falls just trough, objects placed by the model-manager (geo.put.nas) are
ignored.
It however detects static and shared scenery objects.

My guess is, that it has been introduced with the latest fix for the
carrier issue.
In the c172p-dev group one dev guess it is more related to the set-prop
code change stuff (https://github.com/c172p-team/c172p-detailed/issues/939)

I wonder what happened, and how to fix.

Thanks
Heiko