List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Canvas-svg
From:       Erik Hofman <erik () ehofman ! com>
Date:       2017-01-28 9:44:14

On 01/27/2017 11:16 PM, James Turner wrote:

> Sorry, on re-reading I think I might have stated this point a bit strongly. What I \
> mean is I've got as far as doing an evaluation of Skia (including reading the \
> sources) and it seems like a very promising fit, albeit with the caveat that it is \
> kind of huge. Blend2D looks pretty good but less mature than Skia, and most \
> importantly, lacks a hardware renderer which I think is critical to support devices \
> such as the Raspberry Pi and cheap Android tablets, which I expect to be a very \
> good target for the remote canvas (an RPi driving a wide-screen panel via HDMI \
> could do both the PFD and ND of a Boeing/Airbus setup, but that's 1920 x 1080 \
> pixels which is too much to fill in software at 60Hz)
> Anyway, at this point the code is small enough that experimenting with one renderer \
> or another (Cairo also) is probably a weekend's hacking, if anyone cared to try. \
> I'm currently working on hardware acceleration using QtQuick, since we already have \
> Qt as a dependency.

Oh don  worry, I wan not offended or anything. Like I said I just wanted
it to be known. Blend2D is quite amazing for a technical point of view:
it compiles native CPU code (including SIMD) for every draw operation
using a JIT compiler.

Erik

--
http://www.adalin.com - High performance virtual reality audio software.