List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] looks nice
From:       "jasin colegrove" <jasin () coleburt ! com>
Date:       2016-06-16 16:57:41

Well the issue here is with sourceforge.net. They don't seem to care
about email protocols that have been established to verify the security
of email to it's users. The email header explicitly shows

Received-SPF: softfail (sog-mx-3.v43.ch3.sourceforge.com: transitioning
domain
of gmx.de does not designate 69.252.207.30 as permitted sender)
client-ip=69.252.207.30; envelope-from=herbysmusic@gmx.de;
helo=comomta-ch2-02v.sys.comcast.net;

This should be rejected if you ask me, But maybe it is too restrictive
for SF needs.

Hence, herby is now blocked as well as the offending IP address. Either
that or gmx.de needs to update their DNS txt records and provide the
appropriate IP address in the SPF record. But why should they if said
email server is configured to be an open relay???

The offending email server that seems to be an open relay is black
listed for a reason
http://origin.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a69.252.207.30&run=networktools

As Edward says though, this seems to be coming from his PC whether
knowingly or not.

Best;
Jasin