List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    [Flightgear-devel] Segmentation Fault while using the launcher (2)
From:       Juanvi Vera <juanvvc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-10-27 17:10:53

Oh, sorry. I didn't explain clearly the issue.

If flightgear is run like this:

fgfs --launcher

the application closes immediately with a Segmentation Fault before
showing any dialog. This doesn't happen the first time you run the
launcher, not even the second time. It takes a while to appear but once
it does, this command line always triggers the segmentation fault. After
removing the configuration file in
$HOME/.config/FlightGear/FligthGear.conf, everything works again during
a couple of days.

If a FG-ROOT path is included in the command line, the segmentation
fault *never* appears. This line *always* shows the launcher correctly:

fgfs --launcher --fg-root=$HOME/FlightGear/fgdata

Please, read my previous message for some additional technical details.

Juanvi (ludomotico)