List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] UFO - FG 3.7 - FG Crash upon pressing L key
From:       "m.herweg () gmx ! de" <m ! herweg () gmx ! de>
Date:       2015-10-26 12:00:55

On 19.10.2015 23:47, Jorge Pareja wrote:
> When starting FG at KTTS with the UFO and pressing the L key, to pull up
> the menu to place objects, the program crashes immediately.

can anyone confirm this bug on windows?

normal behaviour:
sh-L ..nothing happens
l (small letter l) .. file dialog opens.

> problem I noticed is that the UFO is started about 1 meter below ground,

ufo's red and green lights are at 0 ft/m AGL
one third of the ufo is under ground. that is normal.

> I raised the altitude before pressing the L key.  I don't recal if the
> UFO had an aircraft menu

it has help->aircraft help

> I can't place/test some scene models I am trying to contribute.  If
> there is a way to do this without the UFO please let me know.

yes there are other ways.
Make a folder called "AAA" in your  Models folder (next to
Agriculture,Misc,Commercial,...)

copy your models into the new Models/AAA folder

In FG with the ufo press space and select your models.

due to broken hardware
we cannot submit anything to
http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/
at the moment :-(