List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Heads up: --jpg-httpd is gone
From:       Alex D-HUND <gfreaks.fgfs () gmx ! de>
Date:       2014-10-08 22:39:51

Nice gimmick, Torsten.

Do you, or anyone else, have any tips for recording that stream? I am a
total noob with that but even so was able to capture a few seconds[1].
However, the quality is bad and the timing does not match. The command
I used: ffmpeg -an -sn -f mjpeg -i
http://localhost:5500/screenshot?stream=y bo_edpa.avi

With help from the guys on IRC I tried to get a better result. The
command they came up with: ffmpeg -f mjpeg -i
http://localhost:5500/screenshot?stream=y -c copy file.avi
We tried some variations but they all failed, causing FG to receive a
SIGABRT[2] and therefore shutting down.
After you mentioned possible issue with higher resolutions I've tried
it all with 800x600 but there was no difference.

I wasn't even able to get some info on the stream itself neither using
ffprobe nor mplayer -identify.

Any hint is appreciated, thanks!

Greetings
Alex