List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] about velocities/u, v and wbody-fps, bug #202
From:       Tomash Brechko <tomash.brechko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-10-28 10:18:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Ok, now I see it.  Originally you said that Jean's fix "might be a bad
idea" whereas you probably just wanted to let us know that you are working
on yet a better solution.  Sure pitot doesn't measure speed directly, I
just wanted to say that I read Jean's comment about non negative speed as a
sign that the case of (total < static) is taken care of (though it may be
worth double-checking this as you suggest - or let it go and see if we have
any crash soon :)).  Jean's fix is still useful because it is here and now,
models a reasonable level of realism, and makes FG true-speed-kt work the
same way as JSBSim vtrue-kts (and your future solution, while promising to
more precise, will break it - dunno whether this is going to be for good or
bad).

--
  Tomash Brechko