List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear development entered state
From:       Curtis Olson <curtolson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-27 0:13:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott@mgras.net>wrote:

> Alex D-HUND wrote:
>
> > plib:
> > Version 1.8.6. Why and how to obtain it can be found here [1]. Pretty
> > old but still up to date, as far as I know.
>
> BTW, just for the record (and to finally purge this thread from my
> inbox): I remember a rule which says that FlightGear releases are
> requested to rely on public releases for 3rd party dependencies only.
> The latest PLIB release is 1.8.5, as far as I can tell.

Hi Martin,

I believe this is still the goal, unless someone can make a very compelling
case otherwise.  I realize the world isn't always perfect and sometimes it
makes more sense to adjust and work around that, but it does lead to
problems if we depend on a version that is taken from some random point in
time or is not yet released.  It can make downstream support of FlightGear
pretty difficult.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: