List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Direct Draw Surface Scenery Textures
From:       Ron Jensen <wino () jentronics ! com>
Date:       2011-09-25 3:25:54

On Friday 23 September 2011 14:57:34 Durk Talsma wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2011, at 00:43, ThorstenB wrote:
> > Hmm, but this actually means you have a brake problem after all. Only
> > the brake temperature is simulated - smoke is triggered for overheated
> > disc brakes. It's almost impossible that the parking brake is set
> > (unless your both, deaf and blind...) but it seems like your brakes are
> > slightly tightened after all. That's a safety critical issue - better
> > tell maintenance personnel to check your flight gear - maybe the pedals
> > are stuck... ;)
>
> It looks like this is indeed what is happening. I've been having some
> calibration problems ever since upgrading to Suse 11.4, and it looks like
> the normalized values for the toe-brakes can only be 0 or one, being zero
> when I'm not touching them. I wasn't aware of that yesterday, but it looks
> like the toe brakes should operate in the range of -1 to 1, so that 0 means
> that the breaks are half pressed.

I just looked at js_demo with my toe brakes and they show the same behavior,
range is +/-1, left brake sense is reversed.

Debian Linux 2.6.38-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Apr 7 05:24:21 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

I have this as a configuration: (add an offset so the range is 0..2 then
multiply by 0.5)

 <axis n="1">
 <desc>Left Brake</desc>
  <binding>
   <command>property-scale</command>
   <property>/controls/gear/brake-left</property>
   <offset type="double">-1.0</offset>
   <factor type="double">-0.5</factor>
  </binding>
 </axis>

 <axis n="2">
 <desc>Right Brake</desc>
  <binding>
   <command>property-scale</command>
   <property>/controls/gear/brake-right</property>