List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Heads up: AI/ATC interactions
From:       Durk Talsma <durktals () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-30 14:58:17

Hi All,

On 12 Apr 2011, at 23:28, Bertrand Coconnier wrote:

> This looks very exciting !

Just a quick progress report: This morning, I managed to perform my first ATC \
controlled taxi to the runway at EHAM, including navigating through a number of \
situations where "my" user controlled aircraft succesfully interacted with the AI \
system (i.e. me getting hold position instructions due to other aircraft being near, \
or other aircraft getting hold position instructions because I was near).

Although this part of the AI / ATC system is intrinsically non-graphic, I did have \
some success in piecing together a visualization system that outlines the route that \
each active AI aircraft is taking. I've put together a quick 'n' dirty gallery with \
some images. Everything's still in a rather rough shape, and ATC guidance essentially \
stops right before takeoff, but nevertheless, my progress is a lot quicker than I had \
anticipated.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/7455889/1/GroundNetVisualizations?h=190860

cheers,
Durk