List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Separate usage of tht FlightGear/SimGear
From:       Erik Hofman <erik () ehofman ! com>
Date:       2010-09-08 6:21:07

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 19:32 +0400, Денис Замковый wrote:
> Greetings to all.
> I need help in the following task:
> My current goal is to use FlightGear/SimGear Sound System in our project. This is \
> because our Team leader made a decision to use only this part from FlightGear. All \
> other components (renderer & etc.) are made separately by team members. So I \
> disabled FGRenderer & some other systems, did some modifications to code, to make \
> it work without this systems. But there is no sound from speakers, when I am trying \
> to produce it by modifying relevant properties in the PropertyTree. Following the \
> code I can see, that all sound related methods & functions seems to be working - \
> the SGSoundSample::play() & other methods are executing. I see 3 possible causes:
> 1. Maybe I forgotten to setup proper listener's position & sound plays elsewhere...
> 2. Maybe SGSoundMgr requires correctly updating simulation time ( Currently I did a \
> dirty hack forced dt=0.1). 3. The sound is going to wrong device or not going to \
> device at all.

Are you running a stripped down version of FlightGear or has the code
been copied to your own project?

In case you are using FlightGear you should be able to get the list of
available OpenAL backend by running 'fgfs --show-sound-devices' and you
will be able toe explicitly tell the SoundManager which device to use by
running 'fgfs --sound-device="<backend>"' where <backend> is one of the
options listed by the previous command, e.g.:

fgfs --sound-device="ALSA Software on SB Live! Value [CT4832]"

Erik