List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Start up Problems
From:       Arnt Karlsen <arnt () c2i ! net>
Date:       2009-05-25 14:00:43

On Sun, 24 May 2009 20:52:10 -0400, Barry wrote in message
<4A19EBBA.7040709@isscp.com>:

> To All,  Thanks  Very  Much
>

> Victhor:   glxgears gives me between 882 - 1068 FPS 5450 frame in 5.0
> seconds
>
> Arnt:      I'm running the LENNY version of Debian Yes,  Should I
> change this ???

..nope, not until it bores you next year and you wanna try play
with Sid 'n Fire. ;o)

> Stefan     I did install everything from scratch OSG, plib, fg base
> yes
>
> Arnt:      SOME of my installed  nVidia drivers
>  nvidia-kernel-2.6.26-1-686-bigmem
> 173.14.09+3              NVIDIA binary kernel module for Linux 2.6.26
> nvidia-kernel-2.6.26-1-vserver-686-bigmem    173.14.09-5+2.6.26-13
> NVIDIA binary kernel module for Linux 2.6.26
> nvidia-kernel-common                         20080825+1
> NVIDIA binary kernel module common files
> nvidia-kernel-source                         180.44-2
> NVIDIA binary kernel module source
> nvidia-settings                              173.14.09-1
> Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics drivers

..I'm the GPL fundamentalist here, I don't do closed source. ;o)
What you have looks "ok" to me but I dunno the Nvidea ways, so
you want the other guys here coaching you thru that ordeal.

> Curtis:    Sadly this is the only opengl 3d program that I know of
> that I run,  what would you suggest I test with ?
>
> Also can someone explain why the initial graphics looks messed up
> http://www.8thdaymediaonline.com/fgfs-screen-002.ppm  taken soon
> after it loads and "should" shows the plane and the KSFO runway

..pass, I get that kinda view mining coal etc with the UFO. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: