List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Environment build problems under Cygwin
From:       Durk Talsma <d.talsma () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2008-01-29 21:37:35

Hi Jon,

> Thanks - but don't lose any sleep on my account. I'm not in a big hurry. It
> was suggested that I might try simply using the MSVC++ free compiler.
> That's an appealing option, too - it's worked well for me with JSBSim. But,
> if FlightGear can be compiled with just a little bit of adjustment, that
> probably works best for me.

I just completed a successful build of FlightGear on cygwin, using my old
laptop. It looks like I made some changes to my local repository, with the
intention to commit these to cvs. Because this happened just before the
release, apparently all the fixes to CVS/HEAD never made it into CVS.

Because it's been a few months since making these changes, I'd like to make
sure everything still compiles on Linux, and if successful commit them to
CVS. Should be done in the next few days or so.

> I made mention of a coding error with HUGE being used instead of HUGE_VAL
> in an email last night. That probably needs to be fixed.

I guess this one is already fixed in my local copy. I thought it was already
committed, but was apparently also left out. Will commit this as well, after
double checking proper linux compilation.

Cheers,
Durk