List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] native and native-ctrls slaving
From:       Torsten Dreyer <Torsten () t3r ! de>
Date:       2008-01-29 17:23:06

Am Dienstag, 29. Januar 2008 15:59 schrieb Curtis Olson:
> On Jan 29, 2008 8:30 AM, Nagy Mate wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >  our quest with --native & -ctrls master/slaving continues. Having
> > applied a patch from the mailing list, we got flight control
> > transferring to work.
> >  However, this doesn't make the engine of the slave work (propeller not
> > turning, and all that) - presumably because the lack of an FDM. Is there
> > an accepted solution for this, or should we just transfer the relevant
> > data? (e.g. by hacking it into the native transfer code, or by using the
> > generic i/o system, etc).
>
> Most airplanes use rpm to animate the propellors ... that should be
> communicated in the --native-fdm packet.   I don't know helicopters are
> setup, but you may need to do some hacking or modifications to make it all
> work.

Ahaaaaa - after reading you mails carefully I recognized we are talking about
different protocols all the time! There are

--native
and
--native-fdm

--native is currently broken and is not transmitting properties like RPM, This
is the one Tibor is using.
--native-fdm (which Curt is referring to) looks like it is working

Torsten