List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] /sim/model-hz problems
From:       Laurence Vanek <lvanek () charter ! net>
Date:       2007-06-28 4:03:12

Martin Spott wrote:
> "wim van hoydonck" wrote:
>

>> Whenever I look outside in fg, the framerate skyrockets to values
>> around 300 which induce stutter in the simulation.
>>
>> A (partial) solution would be to increase /sim/model-hz in the
>> internal properties browser, so that less time is available to render
>> the outside visuals.
>>

> Once there was a
>
>   --prop:/sim/frame-rate-throttle-hz=<Number>
>
> flag, see if it still works for example by setting it to 30 or 60 Hz,
>
> 	Martin.

At last!! Martin you have cured my issue with this. I set mine at 85 Hz
& the behavior is almost entirely gone. Smooth simulation. I had been
getting insanely high frame rates (> 200) & rendering "stutter". Now the
frame rates are in the vicinity of 90-100.

I posted this over on the user list but was told to go fix my X config.
Tried everything I & Nvidia support people could think of with no luck.
I did not GL sync to blank (doesnt seem to work with these drivers anyway).

Im running Intel core 2 duo (E6600) with Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS based
graphics card.