List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Patch for 3d model_panel
From:       "Simon Hollier" <simon () hn2 ! org>
Date:       2005-11-30 22:52:26

> Simon Hollier wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Attached is a patch for flightgear and simgear that removes the
>>model_panel kludge and fixes a potential memory leak.
>>
>>Thoughts/comments?
>>
>>Simon
>>

> I can not test the patch due to lack of time, but I have the impression
> that this is not backward
> compatible with the current code, ie since the panel is inserted in the
> scene graph *after*
> animations reading you can no more have animations on panels.
>
> Harald.

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the response.

AFAIKT, the purpose of the panel is to draw textured backgrounds, hot
spots, and receive mouse events.  They're used with the 3D models to
define hotspots for the buttons, switches, etc...  Animations pertain to
the actual AC3D model and it's various xml files or at least not to the
panel.

Simon