List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Addresses in mailing list distribution (was
From:       "Curtis L. Olson" <curt0001 () flightgear ! org>
Date:       2005-11-29 16:54:44

Jim Wilson wrote:

> Actually it doesn't seem to do that either (not, as you say, it would do that much \
> good).  And no, another thread on how to do email or whatever is not required.  But \
> I feel compelled to ask how hard it could possibly be for the software to simply \
> filter email addresses out.  I don't recall any time that someone wanted to post an \
> email address.

The mailing list archiving software will make a reasonable attempt to
obfuscate addresses of the posters and replyers.  However, if someone
posts an email address in clear text in the body of a message, as far as
I know that will not get obfuscated.

Also note there are external mailing list archivers (well at least one)
that have subscribed to our list and archive the messages.  I have no
control over what they do with obfuscating email addresses.

Curt.