List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Using Nasal for view calcs in preferences.xml
From:       Andy Ross <andy () plausible ! org>
Date:       2004-01-28 17:00:41

Cameron Moore wrote:
> I'm wanting an auto-zooming tower view.

Sounds good.  My first thought would be to set an updater function to
run at something sane (maybe 5Hz).  This would calculate the target
zoom level, and use an interpolator to slew it to the right value over
the next fraction of a second.  (instead of snapping to a new zoom
level).

The only hard part is getting the updater to start and stop properly
when the view changes.  Leaving it running is kinda ugly, but I guess
it would work too...

Andy