List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    [Flightgear-devel] "select" animation seems to decrease FPS (?)
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2004-01-28 13:46:50

A while ago I tried to disable all objects of the bo105 when in
cockpit view, that wouldn't be visible anyway. Only the interior
and the rotor blades would be necessary. But to my surprise, the
lower number of visible objects didn't increase the FPS, but
*decrease* it. Background: I'd like to model an alternative,
high(er) resolution cockpit for pilot view, and a low res version
for outside view.

Are un"select"ed objects not excluded from time-consuming plib
processing?

m.