List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] setting fuel load
From:       "Jim Wilson" <jimw () kelcomaine ! com>
Date:       2003-05-29 15:30:20

James Turner <james.turner@crocodile-clips.com> said:

> 1. JSB sim reads config file (maybe sets fuel load, etc)
>
> 2. FG reads -set.xml file, and potentially over-writes some JSB sim
> values
>
> 3. Everyone is happy.
>
> Am is missing something here? Obviously bits of the -set.xml files may
> need to be loaded before the JSB (or yasim or UIUC) file is loaded, but
> in general I'd always expect to be able to over-ride any values they
> specify from the  -set file.
>
> Is this what already happens, and the fuel thing is simply a bug, or is
> there some ordering constraint I'm unaware of?

Well you could always look at the code ;-)  I haven't on this issue, but the
set file must get parsed before the fdm initializes, since that is where the
fdm and aircraft selection is defined.

You are probably right, but the ordering might be different.  It could be a
matter of not overwritting.

Best,

Jim