List:       flashrom
Subject:    [flashrom] New flashrom website
From:       Anastasia Klimchuk <aklm () chromium ! org>
Date:       2023-05-24 11:36:34

Good day everyone,

Good news for the good day: we are launching the new flashrom website!
doc.flashrom.org

At the moment it is available by the address doc.flashrom.org, but in
the very near future (think of a few weeks) it will move to primary
flashrom.org.
The reason for this few weeks' interval is to check everything looks
good and fix small things.

After the new website moves to the primary address, the old wiki
website moves to wiki.flashrom.org and will be locked for editing.
Wiki will be available as view-only until we migrate all the content.

New website is generated by sphinx from sources that are in the tree
under doc/ directory.
To add or update documentation, you need to send a patch as per usual
dev process. Separate wiki account is no longer needed to update the
documentation.

Everything is set up so that after the patch is merged into
documentation, it will appear on the website shortly after.
There is a doc on how to add docs with more details:
https://doc.flashrom.org/how_to_add_docs.html

As you can see, the new website doesn't have all of the pages migrated
from the old wiki yet. This is by the plan, we will migrate the pages
gradually, hopefully within this year.

Everyone is very welcome to join migrating the wiki pages to doc/
files! Especially if there is a page in wiki that you own and can
verify the correctness of content.

Thanks a lot to everyone who was working on the new website! The idea
has been around for a while, and it is so cool to see it happening!

--
Anastasia.