List:       flashrom
Subject:    [flashrom] flashrom dev meeting notes 38/2022
From:       Felix Singer <felixsinger () posteo ! net>
Date:       2022-09-25 13:55:20

# 23th Sep 2022, 6:00 - 7:00 UTC+0

Attendees: Thomas, Edward, Felix, Alex, Anastasia

## Decision summary

* No decisions but a reminder: no meetings for October. Next one is 2th
November at 21:00 UTC+0

## Agenda

* Programmer delay , first 3 patches
[https://review.coreboot.org/c/flashrom/+/67391](https://review.coreboot.org/c/flashrom/+/67391)
can unblock removing global state for 2 programmers
* Patches about flashchips , what is going on with them?
[https://review.coreboot.org/c/flashrom/+/66781](https://review.coreboot.org/c/flashrom/+/66781)
* Sb600spi needs to be fixed, there are some patches under review. Do
we need to try getting documentation?
    * We need to coordinate the sequence on how the patches should go:
there are several patches from different people on fixing Sb600spi
* [Felix] Let's introduce a specification how programmer parameters
should look like
    * Yes this does need a spec
    * Lint? Might be complicated
    * Maybe just a set of rules, like we have coding style for example
    * We need to document the rules for programmer params (for example,
use underscore and not hyphen)
    * And also we need to write more unit tests to cover the rules.
Ideally every rule has a unit test to cover this rule (could be
positive and error scenario)
    * Everyone please write tests !
* We need to extract parsing param code into the same function in each
programmer:
    * `parse_params` as a name?
    * Can this be an Easy project (one per programmer)
    * TODO aklm will create a ticket