List:       flashrom
Subject:    [flashrom] Is anyone interested in OTP support patchset?
From:       Sergii Dmytruk <sergii.dmytruk () 3mdeb ! com>
Date:       2022-05-17 13:53:42

Hello,

Some time ago I've revived an old patchset by Hatim Kanchwala and
extended it with support for more devices and unit tests.

It wasn't reviewed for a while and now that reviewing makes sense
(changes it's based on were accepted) it's not really needed for 3mdeb's
project anymore...

The question is whether there is a need for it?  If there is interest
and wiliness to test it (wasn't tested on hardware), pursuing review
still makes sense.

Someone can even take over the patches and I'll become a reviewer and
help along the way.

If OTP isn't needed at the moment, the patchset will be abandoned at
least until some project which requires OTP in flashrom or until someone
else will pick it up.

The first change of the series is (no topic yet)

    https://review.coreboot.org/c/flashrom/+/59402

To give you an idea of the amount of work it might take to upstream:

    Makefile          |   2
    chipdrivers.h     |   5
    cli_classic.c     | 243
    dummyflasher.c    | 351
    flash.h           |   6
    flashchips.c      |  61
    flashrom.8.tmpl   |  81
    libflashrom.h     |  18
    meson.build       |   2
    otp.c             | 490
    otp.h             |  91
    otp_layouts.c     | 210
    spi.h             |  40
    spi25.c           |  89
    spi25_statusreg.c |  90
    tests/chip_otp.c  | 470
    tests/meson.build |   1
    tests/tests.c     |  14
    tests/tests.h     |  12

Conflicts with current master for a couple of month, should be easy to
fix (I'll do that if someone else will take over).  I also have a
bash script to test new CLI options via dummyflasher.

Best regards,
Sergii