List:       flashrom
Subject:    [flashrom] Re: Release preparations
From:       Nico Huber <nico.h () gmx ! de>
Date:       2022-03-17 15:55:56

On 13.03.22 16:28, Nico Huber wrote:
> On 13.03.22 08:28, Anastasia Klimchuk wrote:
>>> I suggest that we freeze the master branch for everything that is neither
>>> a fix nor on the list (or a similar case that I missed)
>>
>> But how can we freeze master… that would mean no one can do any work? Maybe
>> I am missing something?
>
> No you didn't miss anything :) it would be a very desperate
> measure. However, I see no other solution to make progress
> again without forking or further stalling a release. And
> after 2 years I think the project has waited long enough.

Sorry folks, I didn't mean to provoke any hasty activity to fix the
listed problems. Rather to push us to talk about what we should fix
before a release and what features we could do without in a release.
If we'd wait for everything to be fixed at snail pace, I fear people
would give up before another release happens (I would). Not to mention
that people will continue to push more controversial patches in the
meantime.

Nico