List:       flac-dev
Subject:    Re: [Flac-dev] FLAC Test files
From:       Rippit the Ogg Frog <rippit () oggfrog ! com>
Date:       2009-01-27 9:16:14

In your infinite free time, I'd like to suggest the creation of some
non-compliant test files, to ensure that the code can handle them properly.

One reason is that specially-crafted binary files of various sorts have
appeared in the wild, that can cause buffer overflows and 0wnz0r3d your box.

I remember that this happened with JPEG and Windows Metafiles specifically.

Rippit the Ogg Frog
rippit@oggfrog.com
http://www.oggfrog.com/