List:       flac-dev
Subject:    [Flac-dev] flac on pocket pc
From:       gidluck () alltel ! net (gidluck () alltel ! net)
Date:       2005-03-12 8:28:27

Hello Josh and flac-dev,
I've got libflac and libflac++ implemented as dll's on the pocket pc using embedded \
visual C++ 4.0 . The target system with this environment is pocket pc 2003 (windows \
ce 4.20).

I used the project files provided on the FLAC pages from the unofficial port for \
pocket pc. These were limited in usefulness due to no sources included with them. \
However, I did use the structure of the project and used sources from 1.1.0 .

Files can be provided by request for review. The IDE for EVC++ 4.0 is a free download \
from microsoft. If you are interested in this project being included in an official \
port (sometime) let me know.

My reason for implementing the dll's is to include them into Live2496 which is a \
recorder which runs on Pocket PC. It uses the Core Sound (digital input device) which \
fits in a CF slot of the pocket pc. Using a front-end preamp/converter, we are \
recording 24-bit data to pocket pc's. Typical use is live shows, but we have some \
(10-15%)of the users doing sound measurement, wildlife recording, movies, speech \
analysis, broadcasting, and sound effects.

I just managed to get my first file converted today, so not much testing has been \
done yet. I expect to be releasing the FLAC feature in the next few weeks.

I plan to implement the FLAC copyright Xiph.org in the programs "About" screen. Let \
me know if this is sufficient.

Gordon Gidluck

for more info...
http://www.gidluckmastering.com/live2496.html