List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Problem with two PIX's and redundant links on different sites
From:       Carson Gaspar <carson () taltos ! org>
Date:       2001-04-25 21:40:59

The PIX will not propagate routing information. I've argued about this with
Cisco for ages, but they seem to think that having a "secure" platform that
doesn't propagate untrusted routes is better than having a firewall that
works. <sigh>

The best work-around I know if is to make the routers on either side of the
PIX BGP peers, and permit BGP through the PIX. There's also an _egregious_
hack using RIP, but please don't go there.

--
Carson Gaspar - carson@taltos.org
Queen trapped in a butch body