List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Use of firewalls
From:       Rafael Teixeira <rpt () pobox ! com>
Date:       2001-01-31 23:33:12

It all depends on what's your site for.
We are talking here about availability wanted, information value, image
value, lots of things.
How soon can you gring it up ?
Does it matters ($$$, time, resoures) a lot if it gets hacked ? and if
it does so what ?
Do you make money out of it ? how much ?

Are you just talking about "outbound access" (if it realy exists in that
state?) ?
Consider good anti-viruses thingys. Odd things just come in... and then
get out..

Kinda __large__ grey area.

Think about it first, or talk to someone, or take it in small trunks
(problems).
For instance:
is traffic get in or out ?
whats does what ?
remote access to internal resources ?
displaying information on web server ?
	how is information updated ?
	who ? from where ?

and so on...

I know it didnīt helped a lot, but I always prefer a good start.

Rafael

--
"And you may ask yourself,
Well ... How did I get here?"