List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Microsoft aggressive pricing
From:       "Stuart Brown" <srbrown99 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-01-30 15:02:17

I was interested to see that the pricing for the new ISA server technology
from Microsoft is priced "per cpu" I am assuming this is "per processor" not
"per chassis" .

Standard Edition $1,499 US per CPU
Enterprise Edition $5,999 US per CPU

Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the case then maybe they should remember that the market control
they enjoy came from the ability to produce cheaper software on cheaper
hardware, a state currently enjoyed by Linux.

Industry beware........