List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: The Perfect Firewall
From:       "Rick" <Rick () UKSysops ! com>
Date:       1997-01-07 20:03:12

Dear Sir,

I believe that the perfect firewall could, and perhaps, does exist. The
problem with almost everything in such cases, is the human aspect. Mistakes
are made, and only one such mistake has to be made for a possible security
problem to be spawned, a weakness in the armour. All thats needed then is an
attacker to come along who figures out how to utilize it.
I tend to think of it as "A firewall is only as good as the people
implementing it"

Rick

Rick@UKSysops.com