List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Router w/Address Translation
From:       djr () newcoast ! com (Daniel Rubin)
Date:       1998-05-28 17:52:59

"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]
-
Hello,

Does anyone know of a product (a router if possible) that will do
address translation from a single external IP as is done in Firewall-1?
I have a remote site that I want to connect to our main site via a 56k
line.  The network at the remote was not set up using a Internet
reserved domain and the main site was.  Because of this (and the
security benefits) I want to address translate all machines at the
remote site to a single valid Internet IP.  The remote nodes need to
access nodes at the main site, but the main site nodes don't need to
establish new connections to the remote site nodes.  I have done this
with a SPARC 20 running Firewall-1 for another project.  However,
because there is already a firewall at the main site, I don't need a Sun
running another copy of Firewall-1 at the remote site just for address
translation.  I am hoping someone knows of a router product that does
something similiar.

Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks
    - Dan

--
Daniel Rubin, (614) 457-5919               - Internet Consulting
President, Newcoast Communications, Inc.   - System & Network