List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Harsh Security audits? -reply
From:       "Greg Collins" <gcollins () dqisystems ! com>
Date:       1998-02-27 2:54:01

I would agree with almost everything below. The problem we are facing is
that prior to the official audit we had advised the client to install a
firewall. He refused ...."we are being protected by our ISPs firewall" was
the reasoning. I was able to demonstrate that I could Telnet into the
network and that no firewall existed. But still no chance of a firewall
going in. Then, after that, we were asked to perform the audit. Did they
think we would not recommend with great emphasis the need for a firewall?
Anyway, I have made a proposal to come back in and clean up the most glaring
security problems. Then return an updated report reflected the new security
stance... before the next board meeting. I hope this will solve the problem.

Greg Collins
Data Quest Information Systems
voice -423-588-4757
fax - 423-945-3846
gcollins@dqisystems.com
"I have but one thing which cannot be taken from me, and that is my
integrity. It I must give up of my own will."