List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    TCP/143 Probes
From:       arager () mcgraw-hill ! com
Date:       1997-07-29 10:13:23

     Anyone else notice a sudden burst of scans for TCP/143 [IMAP2]
     recently??  I know of at least one host that has been comprised and
     was launching probe scans [and perhaps other attacks?].  I think I
     have located a second one doing similar scans...but don't have a
     response from the sysadmins yet.

     If not, I guess this is just a FYI....better upgrade your IMAP
     servers!

     Anton Rager
     Standard & Poor's Compustat
     arager@McGraw-Hill.com