List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    OSPF Area Security
From:       Mike van der Walt <mvdwalt () fnb ! co ! za>
Date:       1997-07-11 12:59:33

I know that this is not strictly a firewall question but I thought the
people in the field could help.

How secure are the OSPF areas.

My network guys tell me that two areas sharing a single router are
totally secure, ie. that a person on a network in area 1 cannot
compromise the router and gain access to the network in area 2.  How
true is this?

It would obviously be more secure to run totally separate routers but we
manage a number of networks for clients and are unable to justify
separate routers where existing equipment is not fully utilised.

["vcard.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]