List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Two ISP's to one DMZ
From:       David Lang <dlang () diginsite ! com>
Date:       1997-07-10 12:54:17

My company is in the process of setting this up. we are using a cisco 4700
router connecting to two T1 lines to sprint one in So-Cal on in Texas to
provide us with load balancing and failover capability. in this case both
links are with Sprint but that is a temporary thing. we have 2 class C
address spaces we got from Sprint that we now can link to other services.
Sprint will not support using a 4700 router for full internet routing
tables so we will be upgrading to a 7500 series router when we make the
connection in a few months to other services. We have had these class C
addresses for over a year as a normal link before we decided that we
needed the redundancy and went to BGP4. It's not cheap but is the right
way to go.

David Lang
Digital Insight