List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    128-bit SSL....
From:       Cihan Subasi <csubasi () garanti ! com ! tr>
Date:       1997-07-02 16:28:24

I will have a question about security not about firewalls directly,

	After announcing that 128-bit SSL is export free, Netscape and
Microsoft announced their WEB Servers supporting 128-bit SSL, but in
order to be able use 128bit SSL, on the client side a certificate is
needed and this certificate is browser dependent and not protable. Since
we are not in USA and we dont know how 128bit SSL is used in USA, could
anybody explain to me how 128-bit SSL works in USA?..do we need a
special digital certificate on the client side in USA????

	Or can you direct me to a direction where I can find the answer of
above guestion????

	Thank You,