List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    FW: Hosting ActiveX applets [humour]
From:       Russ <Russ.Cooper () RC ! on ! ca>
Date:       1997-06-16 21:46:05

Matt speculated on why we need/want things like broccoflower or
Caulcoli, Green or MacIntosh apples, Pepsi or Coke, any one of them is
really good enough, why should we have a choice. Take seedless oranges,
this probably fits Matt's view most directly imo, why would anyone want
to start a grove of oranges that can't propagate themselves?

Guess the reason is that there's a market for it, what a shame.

Portable or non-portable, alas, that is the question. Whether it be
nobler in the hearts of men to ensure that the web continuously strives
to be seen as non-sided, or, to have some nether entities purport to
inject supposed customer requested value into "open standards". Nay, no
self-righteous vendor would ever do such as thing as propose standards
through implementation, but always through discussion and common
agreement. Yes, the netscape has been shaped by such fervent attempts to
cooperate, and we're all so much more open because of it...

Alas, the Sun in shining armor, carrying a javex bottle into the
distance, prances ever vigilant for unscrupulous non-conformers of their
non-conformity who seek only to bleed his hardware business dry whilst
jousting over openness. All in a row, the giggling Unixens stand in awe
of the knight when the sky is NT and their own sincerity shine
brightest...their bosoms heave as they remember just such a night...some
day in days gone past...

Tis true, my god, that some reverence for the awesome strength of the
Gatekeeper has dwindled in some eyes as they gaze upon their catapult,
and in fact their delusions have expanded as their own knight, with the
steelhead, strides in front that evil flag waving from his lance.
"Begone!", yells the Gatekeeper from on high, "You've not honor enough
to trod in my myre"...laudable, yes...but from on high, not down here in
the myre with the rest of us...

But whomsoever's night it shall be that we meet amongst the brethren,
none, alone, can stand and call themselves pure. All have been tainted,
and remain in the chattel of some lord, somewhere. The only constant
that cannot be accounted for is you, and you, and you and you. You
follow your path, but we try to lead you Up Ours, whichever it may be.
Remember that its your path, not mine, that you follow and so when it
comes to talk of paths, futures, where you should place your trust and
where you should put your dollars, remember my motto...

"Up Yours!"

Cheers,
Russ
R.C. Consulting, Inc. - NT/Internet Security
owner of the NTBugTraq mailing list:
http://ntbugtraq.rc.on.ca/index.html