List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Hosting ActiveX applets
From:       Kevin McPeake <cowboy () home ! byelex ! nl>
Date:       1997-06-08 0:54:04

Okay, I hope someone can help me here.

I've seen all the arguements for why ActiveX should not be allowed into
our corperate network via the Internet.

Can someone tell me if there's any good reasons why we should not allow
ActiveX on our Web server to be served to visiting web browsing clients?
If the ActiveX component that we serve to clients, considered a security
risk for our internel network / web server?

Any input would be really appreciated.

Kev

   Kevin McPeake			cowboy@home.byelex.nl
   Internet Consultant 			http://www.byelex.nl/

   << You know something's up when your Thought process is idle. >>
USER      PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY    S  STARTED      TIME COMMAND
cowboy  28365  0.0  0.2 2.84M 264K ttyp1  S  12:57:12  0:00.02 Thought