List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    SSL and Firewalls Survey
From:       "Gail L. Grant" <grant () glgc ! com>
Date:       1997-03-31 18:52:38

I'm conducting a quick survey to find out the prevalence of companies that
allow SSL through their firewalls.  If we know whether businessfolk can
establish SSL connections through their firewalls, we can get a better handle
on the viability of using SSL to protect business to business transactions.
It says nothing about whether this is a good idea or not.  :)

The survey is very short and can be filled out in a matter for seconds.  If
you are willing to fill out the survey, please go to:

	http://www.glgc.com/fw.html

If your company sells or installs firewalls and you have some idea of how many
allow SSL through, please also fill out:

	http://www.glgc.com/fw-vendor.html

I'll send the summary results to any respondents who request it.  My initial
snapshot of results will be taken next Monday.  Yes, I know about the Netcraft
survey, but you get the results of this survey for free if you fill it out.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

g.
--