List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    NT portmapper
From:       Marc Mosko <marc () tear ! com>
Date:       1997-03-06 15:10:35

I think that sometime back someone posted a registry hack for NT to set
bounds to the available ports used by the NT portmapper.

Could someone please refresh my memory?

We need to limit the ports Exchange uses so we can firewall access.
Yes, we still need to allow access to 135....

Thanks,
--
   Marc Mosko                   Email: marc@tear.com
                                Web:   http://www.tear.com/

  "If anyone runs against or falls on a person's weapons so
   that as as result he dies, and it is evident that it is the
   fault of himself alone, then the responsibility shall lie there."
   -- Leges Henrici Primi (13th century)

           PGP Key available via Public Servers and
               http://www.tear.com/pgp-key.html