List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    None
From:       cccre.ccull () capital ! ge ! com
Date:       1997-02-11 10:34:03

Xdeliver: processed on Tue Feb 11 10:33:53 PST 1997
Xdeliver: SENDER firewalls-owner@greatcircle.com
Xdeliver: to
Xdeliver: cc
Xdeliver: apparent_to
Xdeliver: from cccre.ccull@capital.ge.com

X400-Originator: CCCRE.CCULL@capital.ge.com
X400-Recipients: firewalls@greatcircle.com
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=GECAPITAL/ADMD=MARK400/C=US/;0013800002514307000002]
X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 (22)
To: "firewalls(a)greatcircle.com" <firewalls@greatcircle.com>
Subject: Socks?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:33:25 -0500
Sender: firewalls-owner@GreatCircle.COM

     <don't flame the newbie>
     any opinions on "Socks"???  I'm setting up a web server and we don't
     have much money to spend on a firewall.  In fact,  i'm seriously
     thinking about not even using a firewall,  and just assuming i'll have
     to reload the thing from tape if someone torches it.  Is socks
     free???? is there such thing as a free firewall???  i'm a novell/nt
     type person (NO unix experience) and the idea of free software is
     foreign to me.  but if i can get the os for free (linux) and the
     firewall for free,  and i'm assuming my web server is compromised
     anyway,  this seems like a hell of a time to learn unix.....