List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Question on MAC Address
From:       mdb () dosmanos ! cwiz ! com (Martin D !  Baldenegro)
Date:       1997-01-31 9:50:56

	Jet,

  You did not state on what type of machine you are running this,
  nor did you state what OS.
  I do know that with Sun's and with SunOS and Solaris, all of the
  ethernet cards will have the same MAC address as the ethernet that
  is onboard. You can change the MAC address with the "ifconfig"
  command (ifconfig qe0 ether 0:0:20:75:a0:23) and specify a MAC
  address.

  Regards,

	/mdb

Martin D. Baldenegro  |